Monday, December 20, 2004

On The Mark -- Happy Holiday Evildoers

President Bush must not have read all the front-page stories and editorials yesterday or read the letters I'm sure he received concerning how the evildoers in America are trying to destroy Christmas by saying "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas." Indeed, in some places in this country threats have been made to businesses and individuals if they didn't use Merry Christmas banners and decorations instead of Happy Holidays decorations.

He concluded his end-of-the-year news conference this morning twice saying "Happy Holidays." Not once did he say "Merry Christmas." Those "moral values voters" must be twisting and turning now, throwing what's left of their egg and ham breakfast at the television screen.

But this leads inquiring minds to ask, however: Would he have said "Merry Christmas" if the election were tomorrow? Like the Kennedy assassination, we'll never know...

1 comment:

B2 said...

Does this mean that the Red states will have to boycott President Bush, given his choice of "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas"?

Incidentally, I am Jewish, and I wish my Christmas-celebrating friends a Merry Christmas. I know why the stores have reindeer in the window, and why my office lobby has been playing carols for a month now... it's not because of the many holidays this month (a noteworthy one, in my opinion, is actually already over)... it's because of Christmas. I'm fine with it - really.