Monday, December 20, 2004

Schwarzenegger Leans Leftward... to the Center



I'm no Republican.

That being said, I did vote for Arnold Schwarzenegger in the last gubernatorial election here in California, and so far I haven't been disappointed in him. Why not? He helps sick kids, he fights spam, he understands the concerns of small business-owners, he's a menace to criminals, and he supports stem cell research.

And here's more good news, straight from the pages of the German publication sueddeutsche.de (translated by Google and cleaned up by me).

Here's Arnold on the Republican party:
It must move somewhat. The Republican party covers the spectrum from right outside into the center, and the Democratic party covers the spectrum from left to the center. I wish that the Republican party would cross this dividing line, move a little more to the left and put more weight on the center.
For more on Arnold, check out his website.

No comments: