Friday, January 28, 2005

Dude, Where's My Galaxy?



StarWars.com may be sharing the "crawl" for Episode VI, but without the vital commentary that you, the loyal readers of Toner Mishap, expect and deserve from your content providers. I am therefore taking this opportunity to point out an interesting fact about these crawls: in every other episode of the Star Wars franchise, the word "galaxy" is featured (check my veracity by viewing all the crawls here):
Episode IV
"...restore freedom to the galaxy..."

Episode V
"...across the galaxy..."

Episode VI
"...restore freedom to the galaxy..." (yes, the same exact phrase as in IV)

Episode I
"...the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy..."

Episode II
""...to maintain peace and order in the galaxy..."

Episode III
No galaxy!
For some background on where the crawl originates, check out StarWars.com.

And as a special treat for you Star Wars fans, I am again offering Blink 182's "A New Hope" for download. (And there's more where that came from.)

1 comment:

Me said...

It should be:

Episode I: A piece of crap stinking up the galaxy.
Episode II: A piece of crap stinking up the galaxy with highlights of bad acting by Hayden (I couldn't get an Oscar in the galaxy) Christensen.
Episode III: Probably going to be a darker piece of crap floating the galaxys toilet bowl.