Thursday, February 17, 2005

Batman Gets Pissed Off



National Lampoon (yes, it still exists; yes, it's still mostly not funny) has a few gems this week, including "Superman is a dick." But just as good is an excerpt from an unpublished Batman story, which I will excerpt further here. The Batman has just heard from Commissioner Gordon that the Joker has escaped again:
BATMAN: [lighting up a cigarette] "How did it happen this time? Fake moustache? Did he tell you he had to step out for smokes or something?"

GORDON: "Actually, he disguised himself in janitor’s clothes... and...um... well, just walked out the front door, to be honest."

BATMAN: [taking long haul on cigarette] "Here’s an idea. No, I’ve got an idea, for real here, listen up. How about you don’t let any janitorial staff leave the building..." [he pauses to see if he still has the Commissioner’s full attention] "...who have BRIGHT GREEN FUCKING HAIR AND CHALK WHITE SKIN!"
Check it out here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you first started flirting with me at a Batman movie I will take this post as the romantic tribute that it is meant to be.

Just so you know, I also found it funny and even followed the link.

Me said...

For some reason the comments on your page are so FUCKING slow to come up.

That's sweet that you guys met at a Batman Movie. Which one? The old Batman & Robin back in the day? The Tim Burton remakes or the ultra-crappy Joel Schumacher pieces of crap?

And I too followed the link, which was amusing but tired at the same time.

VIVA LAS VEGAS!!!

B2 said...

Yeah, these comments suck all right. I'm now seriously considering HaloScan or some such substitute. But will Halo protect me from comment spam?

As for which Batman? Adam West and Burt Ward , of course!Aand what the dynamic duo has brought together, let no man put asunder.

Me said...

I've had no problems with Haloscan. And I think it protects against comment spam cause it's a popup window where you enter your comments, so someone would have to click a link and then enter the text in the window. I dunno. I've had no problems.

It doesn't protect against Trolls however...

And you can put a cool Gravatar on it...

The Misanthrope said...

Check out Poliblog today, he just mentioned that spammers were killing his trackback feature.