Monday, February 21, 2005

Why My In-Laws Should Not Be Allowed Near A Pharmacy



Time for another installment of "Blogging About the In-Laws." Brought to you by the pharmaceutical companies of America, who remind you to check with your doctor before starting any new prescription; certain combinations of medications are contraindicated and may cause unintended side effects.

Yes, this is my in-laws' medicine cabinet. And, to be fair, it isn't all prescription medication -- some of the bottles contain herbal supplements, which are really just as effective as prescription medicine, but the government doesn't want you to know about them (so my mother-in-law tells me). Again, for those of you who missed the last installments -- there are only two people living in this house, taking all of this medication. And here's the really amusing part: the photo above is not the entirety of their collection. They have pills throughout the house:



I dread to think what will happen if my mother-in-law goes through with her plan for procuring cheaper meds -- going down to Mexico, where you can get all of this great stuff over-the-counter, at discount prices! Hypochondriacs rejoice!

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Woah. They have enough to start their own pharmacy.

Anonymous said...

If my parents ever find your blog you are no longer going to be the favorite son-in-law.

Anonymous said...

And here I thought only my in-laws had such an extensive supply. They're heavy into the herbal remedies too.