Thursday, April 14, 2005

Daughter Returns Home

Much have I travelled in the realms of gold,
And many goodly states and kingdoms seen.

John Keats (1795–1821), poet

Finally the prodigal Daughter comes home from her study abroad program (The link takes you to her meeting with Bill Clinton). She has had the opportunity to see Ireland, Scotland, Prague, France, London, Spain, Switzerland and Germany. I have taken the day off from work to pick her up at LAX. I would never be able to concentrate today anyway. This is the longest period of time I have ever gone without seeing Daughter and I hope never have to go this long again.

Everyday was a constant worry about her. Each time the phone rang, I held my breath until she said everything was okay. I suspect the worse part was feeling so helpless, if anything required my assistance while she was abroad.

Well, now that she is home and safe we can go back to our quotidian arguments about everything from money to what words I use to describe her to when am I taking her to see the Dodgers (never because I hate them, but we'll go see the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim).

1 comment:

Chandira said...

Cool!!!
Hey, welcome home Daughter! :-)

How was London? I miss it!