Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Stick Your Wand Where the Sun Don’t Shine Mr. President

What's the need of working if it doesn't get you anywhere? What's the use of boring around in the same hole like a worm? Making the hole bigger to stay in?
Marita Bonner (1899 - 1971), short-story writer and essayist.

There are many reasons why I intensely dislike President George Bush. However, number one is his arrogance and condescending attitude toward the working class.

"Americans are concerned about high prices at the pump and they're really concerned as they start making their travel plans, and I understand that," the president said. "I wish I could just wave a magic wand and lower the price at the pump. I'd do that. But that's not how it works."

His latest comment about gas prices makes me wish I had a magic wand that would make him have to work for a living.

He has done nothing to help us unless it helps the rich more. I would thoroughly enjoy watching him try to get by on the salary of the average worker, pay for high prices for minimal health care, or see his Social Security reduced and delayed, or have his child sent to an unnecessary war. Then he would see had it really works

2 comments:

The Misanthrope said...

The Republican party these days is pandering to a radical right wing. It has already hurt the country in terms of national debt and inflation. They are also using religion to cover their racist attitudes. It seems to me that President Bush should have been the one calling on Mexico's president to apologize for his racist comments. But Bush was quiet and Fox apologized to the publicity seeking pseudo- politicians Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton -- there is something wrong with that.

Chandira said...

Yes, there is something wrong with that.

I don't think oil prices will come down any time soon, either. One of my main reasons for supporting Kerry, was his stance on finding and using alternative fuels, because guess what, oil isn't an infinite thing..
We have the technology but not the motivation. Weirdly, Bush seems to be providing that.. The sooner we wean ourselves off oil, the better. Surely.

(ok, rant over..)