Monday, October 24, 2005

A Few Personal Items I Find Fit to Comment Upon

Habit is habit, and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.
Mark Twain (1835–1910), author

Toner Mishap. There are days when I have missed commenting. In the two weeks that I have not written anything, I have not yet used the time wisely, which aggravates me to no end. Frankly, I have missed Toner Mishap. It’s just too good a site to let go to seed, so I plan to write more frequently, but no promises about daily writing.

I am not sure how many readers we have left, but those of you who show up thank you, your readership and comments are appreciated.

Las Vegas. Wife and I took a bit of a vacation last week to celebrate our birthdays. We went to Las Vegas because it was close, not cheap. I find that Las Vegas is extremely overpriced from their hotel rooms, food and drinks to gambling. We stayed at a middle of the road hotel (Monte Carlo) on the strip and we felt very much like cattle as the staff offered no interest in customer service. We were booked for a mini-suite for four days, but because they did not have the room cleaned at 3 p.m. as promised and we were tired from the drive, we opted to down grade to a regular room, wife’s wise decision. We even checked out a day early because the town’s greed and consumption just worn on us.

Elton John. We saw Elton John’s Red Piano show at Caesar’s Palace. Wife had never seen Elton John before and she loved the show, which featured a number of his popular songs. I had seen him at the Hollywood Bowl and I have been to far more concerts than she has and I found the audience was as active as store mannequins and that Elton John basically just phoned in his performance. I was disappointed, but wife loved it, so I didn’t rain on her parade (she won’t read this blog, neither will mother, thank goodness).

Cirque du Soleil's Zumanity. This was an excellent show. I loved every minute of it. The performers in this show are incredible. It was a very enjoyable show and I highly recommend it.

Rolling Stones. On the Mark predicted it, but I didn’t believe him. He said I would go see the Stones at the Hollywood Bowl and I denied it. Well… Wife and I are going to see the Stones at the Hollywood Bowl Sunday, Nov. 6. The seats are very much toward the back, but I’m hopeful there will be a large screen to see and the sound should be awesome, so I am looking forward to it.

Toner Mishap. Oh, it feels nice to write this stuff again.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm watching you!!

seeing a Cirque De Soliel show is one of my goals in life. GLad to hear you enjoyed it so much!

I have never been to Vegas, and since gambling only annoys me it's not very high on my to do list.

Keep posting, if only for me! LMAO!

The Misanthrope said...

Thank you very much.

You should budget some time to stop in Vegas since you will be relatively close when you come out this way. Based on your posts you and your husband will love Zumanity.

Jack Steiner said...

I am heading out to Vegas next month. Haven't been there in 9 years so I am girding myself for chaos.

The Misanthrope said...

Jack, just accept the fact that everything is amusement park prices. A breakfast out in our little town costs us $15. The same exact breakfast in our hotel cost us $36, room service would have been even more.

The Misanthrope said...

Rags, thank you for reading.

Where do you like to stay when you go. I found the Bellagio to be just beatiful and relaxing. I just can't see paying those prices, unless you get the gamblers discount.

bitchphd said...

I love Vegas. I think I saw Cirque du Soleil there probably 10 years ago....

Jack Steiner said...

Rags/M,

I am curious to see the changes. The last time I was there was for a tradeshow.

I was in Vegas for 9 solid days. By day three I was done but suffered through 6 more.