Friday, December 22, 2006

Hopper Continues to Roll Over in His Grave

Back in March 2005 I shared with the readers of Toner Mishap an assortment of parodies of (and tributes to) Edward Hopper's painting, "Nighthawks" (you can check it out here.) It was one of my most popular posts, and continues to get hits -- in fact, if you Google "hopper nighthawks parody" Toner Mishap comes up at the top of the list!

It's almost Christmas (or so my gentile friends tell me), and I just saw this...



... so I figured a few more were called for.


[Stephan Pastis is a cartoonist you may have seen in the funny pages lately]


[A patriotic version from the Atlantic Monthly]


[A post-apocalyptic version for fans of the whole SubGenius thing]


[This one is popular with people who are fans of both fine art and Doom]


[From a production of a play based on the painting]

No comments: