Sunday, February 11, 2007

Star Wars at the Science Center


The wife and I were guests at this weekend's gala ball at the California Science Center in Los Angeles... I've got a Flickr set here that features shots of the fans who were hired to wear their costumes at the ball and entertain the guests. Some stunning shots, I must say.

And if anyone can tell me why most of the Stormtroopers posed for photos making the above gesture with their hands, I'll be in your debt.

UPDATE

My wife asked me why I didn't feature the close-up photo of the actual Darth Vader prop costumer chestplate, which clearly shows Hebrew characters on the panels. Hmmm. She was right -- much more interesting than the Stormtrooper crotch shot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pose is a modified parade-rest developed for the Rose Parade.
Glad you had a good time! :o)

Chandira said...

Oh, that's too funny..
I had a garden gnome in my local pub that had that same stance and hand gesture. We could only assume he had a fishing pole at some point, but we did wonder.

What does the Hebrew say? I think that would be fun to know.

B2 said...

If one tries very hard, one can discern certain small words or half-words in the chestplate lettering... but it may be the Hebrew equivalent of "lorem ipsum" greeking text -- that is, full of sounds and letters but signifying nothing.