Saturday, January 26, 2008

Gimme Some Truth

I'm sick and tired of hearing things
From uptight, short-sighted, narrow-minded hypocritics
All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth
John Lennon (1940-1980), singer, song writer

The whole truth, nothing but the truth; not from the Bush administration.

Our government made
935 'false statements' to its citizens in the run-up to the war in Iraq. Bush made 260 of them himself. And, the citizenry doesn't seem to care.

The right-wing nut jobs and the sanctimoniously righteous will discount the story citing the fact CNN carried it.


Tip of the hat to Chandira at Diary of a Hope Fiend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know it is really hard to make the president give a shit when he won't even field the idea that he might be wrong.

Unknown said...

On Countdown, Keith Olbermann devoted an entire section of his show to this. The reichwing nutjobs will whine about anything that shows how ignorant, egotistical and illegal our Dipshit-in-Chief is.

ps..I filched that wonderful graphic btw ;p

Anonymous said...

What was that you said? I'm sorry, I was distracted by news of the latest details in Heath Ledger's death.

The Misanthrope said...

Hi Anonymous, Why would he be wrong, he has god on his side.

Hi Dusty, reichwing, I love it.

Hi Teresa, oh crap, that reminds me the president is going to give a speech tomorrow night and screw up all the programming, which means "Extra" will be on after I go to bed.