Sunday, January 27, 2008

Welcome New Readers

“I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me that trouble of liking them.”
Jane Austen (1775 – 1817), writer

Before the year ended I was caught unaware about a situation I created, innocently; see “Lesson Learned” post below. What surprised me most after the dust cleared is the sanctimonious jackals hollering for blood. I suspect they are the type of people one would see in the accompanying photo.

Initially, I thought I would not blog any more. I wondered if it was really worth it. I first removed a number of posts that related to daughter because I worried about her safety, then I took down just about everything. I thought these wackos could be dangerous. After reading the comments from the priggish lout boasting about discovering the blog and how he hated my
…vitriolic and disdainful commentary of a political nature (all of which I found myself disagreeing with, vehemently). I made a point to review it [the blog] heavily as I wanted to make sure that the attorneys received all pertinent information…

I decided that I couldn’t back down. Once I read his comments, I quickly returned the political posts (although I couldn’t find any of a vitriolic nature), especially after he provided a link to Toner Mishap.

Welcome new readers and join the many others who already enjoy the posts of Toner Mishap.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, where can I get one of those "asshats"? That sounds like something I could really use.

sporksforall said...

I'm very glad you're still at it, TM. The ****** who went after you should be forced to read you every day. :) Maybe he'd learn something.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I was struck by that as well. "I find myself disagreeing most vehemently with you; I must now go back and read everything you've ever written!" But I suppose he considered it a public service since he was performing this onerous task to save the very foundations of civilization from the Misanthrope's destruction. I had no idea you were so powerful, but henceforth I shall be made to quiver appropriately in your presence.

Unknown said...

Oooh Snap Teresa! Good shot dear lady. ;)

Evidently I missed the post that caused all the ruckus.

The EFF foundation has a list of bloggers rights, and its amazing how many we actually have that many bloggers aren't aware of. I can get the link for you Misanthrope, I think it's something you should probably read if someone is bullying you with threats of a lawsuit.

The Misanthrope said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Misanthrope said...

Dusty, Sporks, Teresa, and even Butthead, You guys are great and I truly appreciate all your support.

Dusty, it's all over. Here is a word of caution to all bloggers, even if you think you are only writing about your experiences as a juror and not discussing the trial, don't do it. It is a big deal and there is a lot riding on the jurors. It's a serious business not to be taken lightly. However, the way this pompous ass went about it was more about revenge for my political views than anything else. I have an idea who he is and your reich-wing title fits him perfectly.

Unknown said...

How do jurors write books then after a trial?

Oh well, it's over and you want it that way..so I will hush.

Take care and keep blogging ok?

The Misanthrope said...

Dusty, the key word there was after the trial. The judge explained that you cannot make money off the trial for 30 days after it's over.

Jack Steiner said...

"I find myself disagreeing most vehemently with you; I must now go back and read everything you've ever written!

Whenever I disagree with someone I find that I am obligated to learn everything I can about them so that I can truly despise them.

It is so logical I am surprised others don't do it. ;)

The Misanthrope said...

Hey Jack, who knew that is what one did unless of course one is from the Karl Rove school of dirty tricks.